Friday, July 22, 2011

Kindermusik

We wrapped up our summer of Kindermusik this week with a "beach party." I've watched other children love, learn, and grow as I've taught over the years, and this summer was so fun as I got to have the joy of my own children having that experience.


Bubbles end every class. The kids LOVE this part:


Parachute, another favorite:


My hula girls ready for some dancing at the luau:


Layla on the bouncy ball:


Doing "Five Little Seashells" poem:




Consider this a shameless plug, if you wish, but I can't say enough good things about Kindermusik. I would not teach if I did not believe in it and love it. Heading into town for 2 hours a week to be with 30 small children isn't exactly a "break," but it's so rewarding.


Everything we do in Kindermusik is to music. While we aren't giving them a music lesson, per say, we use musical terms, work on rhythm, and give the children the opportunity to explore different instruments. We also do activities that help with fine motor skills, ordering, colors, recognition, coordination and balance, on and on.


Music comes naturally to everyone. In my baby class, the babies bounce and move to the music, innately. It's not on demand or something we teach them to do. By nature, we all move or feel moved to and by music. This is why I feel so passionate about teaching. Music is something we can all enjoy, when we are young and when we are old.


So there ya have it. Classes are usually a little bit crazy, but a lot bit fun. I love children. I love music. And Kindermusik allows me the opportunity to combine the two and use my gifts.








No comments:

Post a Comment