Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bummer City.

I am seriously bummed, big time!

I have strep throat, and can not remember the last time I felt so stinkin' crappy! I've had a fever, so I'm roasting hot then freezing cold. Every inch of me hurts.

Of course Erica was coming to visit yesterday, but beings my mom and Alisa have strep too, they bunked in Des Moines for the night. Who would want to be around all the sickies?

Of course my husband is gone all day, every day. I can count on him for absolutely nothing right now. Today I am just trying to survive. Thankfully, the kids were great yesterday, but it's still feeding lunch, snacks, changing diapers, all of it.

Of course I am missing The Grove this morning, which breaks my heart. Having only a few outings a week, we really look forward to them! While being there sounds more relaxing then being here, spreading the germs sounds like not such a good idea.

Of course I was with friends yesterday morning, having no idea that I was going to go downhill so quickly. I will feel so bad if they get sick!

So, depressed? Yes. Mommies don't get sick days. I'm so ready to feel better. I'm so ready to be a better mommy and housekeeper again. I'm so trying to keep things in perspective.

Here's to a descent day! Like I said, perspective. Things really could be a lot worse.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry!! I've had a lot of friends get strep lately and it sounds absolutely horrible...hope it clears up quickly and you can get back to normal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna switch real quick! Now that I have antibiotics going through me, I feel soooo much better! (Makes me realize how long I've been feeling yuck and totallllly exhausted.) We'll have a fun-filled week with Erica here and the kids will all play happily together ON THEIR OWN so we can sip coffee and talk by mom's fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete