Friday, February 10, 2012

Science Center, Cousins, & Sisters.

We had a delightful day yesterday with the cousins! Erica made the trip this way, and Alisa and I mozied that way, meeting up in Des Moines. We met at Jordan Creek (but hardly shopped...it was painful!) to play and eat Chick-Fil-A.

Everytime the kids see each other they run and hug and love each other. Oh, the sweetness.

After some time at the mall we ventured to the Science Center. It was so fun to watch the kids explore. We were there all afternoon, and the kids had a blast! They never fought or complained; just played and experimented. Charlie only tried to run away a couple times. Madeline, Noah, Asher, and Anna got zapped by electricity. Us girls got to sit on a bench and talk. Perfecto, eh?

The triplets:

This "ball wall" entertained for a loooong time. So neat:

The troops, youngest to oldest (with one in belly yet):


We finished the day at Spaghetti Works. It was so cute to see all the kids packed into a big booth. They did a wonderful job of being quiet and obedient. But towards the very end of the night my sister said, "Are you under the table? Just stay under there." We laughed and realized our time had come to an end. What a great day!

I love, love, love being the baby sister of these two. I for sure get the advantage of watching them be wives, mommies, friends. I learn so much from them and can not even express how much I admire and respect them.

We are all three very different, but it does not matter. We are sisters and best friends. Friends come and go, but family does not. I am so thankful for my relationship with my sisters. They are some of my very favorite people and greatest gifts the Lord gave me. I love being with them, and my heart swells watching our children grow together.

I sure feel thankful today. We have so much to be grateful for, don't we?

Saw a quote: When we choose to not focus on what's missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present...we experience heaven on earth.
-------------------------------------------------------
Side note: My mother in law's PET scan came back clear!
NO more nasty cancer!!
Like I said: THANKFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment