Sunday, May 27, 2012

6 years!

Six years ago today, I married my very best friend and companion for life.  After dating six years, we could not wait another day to finally tie the knot. 

The past six years have been super eventful with lots of change; moves, job changes, kids, deaths, sickness, and the list goes on and on.  What hasn't changed is our commitment to one another, and our vow to stand beside each other in those times.  Dallas is the person who keeps me grounded through all the things of life that rattle me.  To start and end the day with him is such a privelege.

We laid in bed last night, talking about memories of the last six years and our wedding day.  We were asking each other what made our marriage so great.  Dallas said, "I love that we go to bed together every single night."  I wait up for him into the wee hours of the night, and hearing him say that made it worth it!  We love unwinding together at the end of a long day, talking and talking and talking.  Nobody else gets that but him. 

In ways, it feels like we've been married much longer than six years, while in other ways it seriously feels like yesterday.  I am so humbled and grateful the Lord gave him to me.  He knew just what I needed, and gave me so much more. 

Us then!

Us now!

Six years in the bag...a lifetime yet to come. 

1 comment: