Monday, April 15, 2013

Rainbow Pancake Skewers.

I've started to try to make Friday night supper FUN.  Whether it's eating with trays, eating food on a stick, or having an ice cream sundae, we are trying to make the night stand out...just because.

One of the favorites has been rainbow pancake skewers.

I made regular pancake mix, and then divided the batter up into the bowls, added food coloring, and cooked them as normal.

Next, I let the kids put them on the skewer in order of the rainbow.  They had a blast!


The fashion queen had to wear a sweatshirt to math.

His strategy was the more the merrier.

Miss follow the rules...exactly one precise rainbow.
Aren't they pretty?
I know FUN suppers aren't necessary, but they are totally worth it.  I love the memories made by such a simple decision to spice things up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment