Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Maleah's 6th Birthday!

How can I have a six-year-old already!  Thankfully, turning five seemed like a much bigger jump than turning six.  First grade though?  That sounds much bigger than Kindergarten.  Gah.  Anyway...

It was a lovely day celebrating my sweet pea, Maleah.  She had Asher here for the day, and we did all things fun!  She is so easy going, so she never asks for presents or parties or attention, which I treasure so much about her.  She is grateful, content, and plain ol' happy.  I couldn't be more proud of her if I tried.

We started the morning with birthday doughnuts, of course.  Then it was to the Parkersburg park and her choice for lunch and supper.  We got real crazy and decided we would go lunar bowling.  For kids who are in bed between 6:30-8:00 most nights, staying up for lunar bowling is a BIG deal!

We stopped at Walmart first, and got her birthday present...a new bike!


 After leaving Walmart at 9:00 (that's an adventure in and of itself), we headed to the bowling alley.  It was Sturgis Falls weekend, so we were the absolutely only ones there.  Perfect!!  It was the Wessels kiddos' first time, and quite the big hit.  Fun memories and a great time!







After bowling, we got some Dairy Queen ice cream.  Living large for the birthday girl.  It was a really full, and really fun, day.  

She was thrilled with her great birthday!
Happy Birthday, Maleah!  I just know your sixth year of life is going to be fantastic.  I love so many things about you; how you take care of your little siblings, the way you ask me every day how you can help me, your ability to just be chill, your beautiful singing voice and sweet fingers on the piano, your extremely generous heart, how you love to follow rules (but sometimes it's ok to relax a bit!), your love for the Lord, and our confidence.

I love how well you fit into our family.  You, sweet girl, made me a mommy.  Thanks for giving me grace as I figure out what in the world I am doing as I raise you and the others.  Being a mom is hard, but so very worth it.  You have a beautiful way of teaching me that.  



Happiest of birthdays to YOU!  You are so worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment