Friday, December 6, 2013

Traditions.

I love traditions.  I love traditions.  I love traditions.

I can't help but wonder if our family's traditions are what is going to make my college aged children yearn to come home for the holidays.  I can't help but dream about how tattered our Christmas books are going to get in the coming years.  I can't help but imagine what traditions our children will carry on with the generations behind us.  I love traditions.  Because when everything else changes, traditions are what remain the same.

First up; the annual tree hunt...

There's something bonding (and not always in a good way!!) about trudging through a tree farm together.  Is it always magical?  No!  Layla was whining, "Can we just pick one already!"  But, the anticipation and music tunes on the way there, the image of all the neat families out at the tree farm, and the giggles as they hoist the tree on top of the van are so very worth it.

We found the perfect tree!


The girls visited with Santa.  Charlie was hiding behind my leg with a death grip on my pants.

Cutest tree farm ever.  Santa, apple cider, cookies, popcorn, fire and s'mores. 
Getting the tree always kicks off the Christmas season, and beginning of our traditions, for us...

1 comment:

  1. where is this cute tree farm at?
    Love traditions and you are doing such a wonderful job of making them with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete