Friday, February 21, 2014

Annual review.

I love doing this with the kids!  I ask them each the same questions about me every year.  I giggle at their answers (not in front of them, of course), and tear up over other ones.  I love looking back and seeing how their answers change or stay the same.  I use this as my "annual review" to check in and see how they think I'm doing.  Why are we so hard on ourselves?  They think us moms are awesome.

I wrote their answers just as they said them...

Maleah, age 6

1. What is something mom always says to you?  I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?  When we obey.
3. What makes mom sad?  When we don't obey Mommy and Daddy.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? You tickle me!
5. What was your mom like as a child? Kind of like me.
6. How old is your mom? 28.
7. How tall is your mom?  I don't know.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? The Olympics.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Clean the house.
10. What is your mom really good at?  Taking care of us.
11. What is your mom not very good at?  Nothing to me.
12. What does your mom do for her job?  Cooks.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?  Ice cream.
14. What makes you proud of your mom? Everything.
15. What do you and your mom do together? Go on dates.
16. How are you and your mom the same? We look the same when we were little.
17. How are you and your mom different? I don't know.
18. How do you know your mom loves you?  Because you say it to me like a hundred times!
19. What does your mom like most about your dad? That he is kind.
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?  Shopping.

Layla, age 5

1. What is something mom always says to you?  Behave.
2. What makes mom happy?  Daddy.
3. What makes mom sad?  When we don't obey you.  That disappoints you.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? When she says funny words.
5. What was your mom like as a child? You had curly hair, sisters, and lived in this house.
6. How old is your mom? 29.
7. How tall is your mom?  (stands on a couple blankets and points to a spot on the wall)
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? The Olympics.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Cook.
10. What is your mom really good at?  Cooking.
11. What is your mom not very good at?  Fixing stuff.
12. What does your mom do for her job?  Take care of kids.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?  Candy (well, that's more like Daddy's)
14. What makes you proud of your mom? That I clean my room.
15. What do you and your mom do together? Cook.
16. How are you and your mom the same? We are both wearing purple today!  And we both have the same hair.
17. How are you and your mom different? You have different things than me.
18. How do you know your mom loves you?  Because you care about me.
19. What does your mom like most about your dad? When he stays home.
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?  Shopping.

Charlie, age 3

1. What is something mom always says to you?  Go to our church.
2. What makes mom happy?  Your wedding.
3. What makes mom sad?  When I don't do it.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Be funny.
5. What was your mom like as a child? A baby or kid.
6. How old is your mom? 6.
7. How tall is your mom?  (arms up really high)
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Mom and dad shows.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Go teach.
10. What is your mom really good at?  Me don't really know.
11. What is your mom not very good at?  Hanging pictures.
12. What does your mom do for her job?  Clean up.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?  Everything.
14. What makes you proud of your mom? When you tell us.
15. What do you and your mom do together? Go to teach.
16. How are you and your mom the same? When me go to Mommy's stuff.
17. How are you and your mom different? You put your coat on.  Me wear shorts.
18. How do you know your mom loves you?  We give hugs.
19. What does your mom like most about your dad? Kisses.
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? McDonald's.

1 comment: