Monday, September 8, 2014

Good morning!

I know you won't believe me (and after all these years, I really don't blame you...), but I am becoming a morning person!

In my old age {hardy har har!}, I am finally appreciating morning time.

It used to be I didn't care if morning started at 10am or 6am.  I didn't like it.  10:00 was definitely better, but either way, waking up wasn't my forte.

I am in a good rhythm of getting up on my own terms, rather than when the kids need me.  I have felt convicted over the past months and years against laziness.  Part of this was my kids coming down the stairs to a mommy who was still too tired to deal with them.  I want to be ready for my kids.  I want to greet them for the day.

So, I have started waking up 6:00 twice a week and 6:30 the rest of the week.  I know it's not super early, but it's enough that I get to go outside and get some exercise in, clear my mind, see the beautiful sunrise, and feel ready for the day.  As my sister put it, there's something about stepping into the home (my work place).

I never thought I would see the day where I actually preferred mornings.  I am not a morning person. I am not.  However, with discipline and practice, I am getting there.

Now, because of getting moving in the morning, by nighttime I am worthless.  But that's okay, because morning is coming.  A new fresh start, every single day.  What a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment