Wednesday, September 19, 2012

school & church & harvest.

Things are jiving well here. 

School: Everyone asks how Maleah is doing with school.  The answer is: spectacular!  She is loving it, and looks forward to going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Her favorite things about school were no surprise to me; music and art.  While I haven't had to battle a day of school, her favorite part of the day is coming home.  Maleah is my home body.  She appreciates quiet (the bus is too loud for her!), and likes to be home where she is comfortable and peaceful.  I'm thankful for our school transition and how well it has gone.

Church: We started MOPS and The Grove this past week.  Joy!  These days are my favorite days of the week.  I have learned so much from friends and fellow mommies, and look forward to growing as daughter of Christ and mommy.  I am doing the study Nehemiah, about having a heart that breaks for the things that break His heart.  I am anxious to see what God has in store.  The first day was already fantastic, and very convicting. 

Harvest: Well, it was a rough start.  Dallas finally, for the first time, was at the field yesterday. He spent the first many days fixing and fixing and fixing.  Last year went without a hitch, from start day to end day, so it was expected to have a few hiccups now and again.  Trouble with the combine a few times, endless amount of dryer trouble, and not so great yields gave a rocky start, but they seem to be cruising now.  It's a fun time of year, and while we don't see much of Daddy, I am so grateful he loves his job so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment