Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Harvest 2012!

The men just took off with the combine.  It is September 6th, and this is crazy early to be picking corn.  With the extreme heat and lack of rain this summer, some fields are as ready as they will be!

Please pray for safety, energy and stamina for the work crew, everyone to get along well, descent yields (even despite the bad summer), and good spirits if yields aren't stellar.  We know we are so blessed, even in the "down" years, and will continue to praise God for his provision.

Also, please pray for us at home (patience, no worrying about safety for him or us, energy to keep up).  Dallas wasn't even out of the driveway and Layla said, "I miss Daddy."  Maleah starts in, "Yeah, now we never see Daddy, not even when we sleep."  I immediately thought; Lord, help me.  But my perspective shifted, and I thought, He has

I feel so excited for harvest season, look forward to making meals and the traffic in and out of our home, can't wait to have my nephews and nieces out to ride, and feel completely at peace about the long days.  We are coming off of a spectacular summer, and have had a lot of time with Dallas around.  Things are good.  And I am grateful.







Happy Harvest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment