Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Charlie!

We are celebrating our Charlie boy today!  It's crazy to think he is two already.  I can't decide if it seems he should be a baby yet, or if he's been here for forever.  What I do know if that he has been an absolute treasure to our family. 

Seriously...so, so,so cute!
I had many people over the years say I needed a boy.  There was just something about them, and I needed some toughening up...add a little rough around my edges.  Well, let me tell you; I got my boy!  This little man was born with a motor (rumbles the lips), throws everything, and grunts and giggles at anything that moves.  I would love to say he loves balls and tractors, but let's be real.  The boy is obsessed with all things farm!  There is no room in his little mind for anything but tractors, semis, 4-wheelers, and trucks.

There is something about this little boy.  I don't know if it's his gender, the fact that he's a baby, or how his life came to be, but I feel an incredible bond with my son.  I absolutely adore him, and yes, needed my boy.

The last year has been so fun!  It was also hard.  He doesn't exactly sit, he escapes outside, unlocks doors, climbs on the couch, and is filthy dirty, constantly.  But, I am so thankful for his incredibly pleasant demeanor.  He is the happiest little guy.  Can you tell I love him to pieces?

Let's take a gander over his short little 2-year old life, shall we?  Ahhhh.....the memories.

Meeting my little boy.  An instant love I can't describe.

The night Charlie came home.  This picture seriously cracks me up.  Layla is looking at him like she's got big plans for him. 
Classic favorite.

Adoring our son.

He made us a family of five.  We are so blessed.

First birthday cake, and loving it!

Charlie on 1st birthday.
Charlie on his 2nd birthday.
Happy Birthday to our baby, my sweet little boy!  You are so incredibly loved, Charlton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment