Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Backpack Night/School Picnic

Last night, we had our first of many yet to come...backpack night and school picnic.  It was great to meet other families, see Maleah make friends, and touch base with other moms and dads.  Maleah was able to see her locker, meet the gal who she sits by (Macy), check out the classroom, and put her supplies away.  It was an exciting night, and provided me much relief! 
The big Kindergartner!!

Backpack of choice: Pinkalicious.  No surprise there.

Tomorrow might be a loooong day for little sis.  She keeps saying, "I won't be able to sleep."  Maleah reassures her, "I'll be here at night, just not for rest."  I'm excited to see how Layla steps up without Maleah around.

Can not believe I am a momma of a school-age child!  Long days, short years has never seemed so true.

By her locker.
Maleah with her teacher, Mrs. Bader.  We have heard remarkable comments about her, and last night she very much impressed me.  Phew!
Believe it or not, I am feeling much better about things than I thought I would.  I don't know if it's seeing everyone else go to school last week, knowing she is only going 3 days a week, or the cool weather, but I am in the mood for school!  We had a fantastic summer, and I feel totally at peace about tomorrow.  Hallelujah!  This is so not how I thought I would be holding up today.

We are laying low today, having Maleah's back-to-school supper choice tonight (steak, corn, watermelon, and peaches), doing baths, strawberry cake and ice cream, and early bedtime.  And so it begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment