Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More garden yummies.

Last night we had more garden food.  It's so good (and a little tough) to have to use the food.  It's the only downside of a garden, I think.  When it is ready, there is loads!  You feel like you must eat it, and only it, until it's gone.  On the up side, it's so very healthy and I feel like we have saved on grocery money.  And, it challenges my creativity side.

Enter: Zucchini & Tomatoes.

I cut the zucchini length wise into halves, scooped out the jest of the seeds, and laid them on a cookie sheet.  I then mixed together olive oil and Paula Dean's silly salt (a must have that my mom gave me for Christmas one year!).  I brushed it on the zucchini.


Next, I sliced up tomatoes and laid them on top of the greased up zucchini.


Put it in the oven, at 350, for about 35 minutes.  Then, add some mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and bake for about 7 minutes more.  Next, put under the broiler for about 5 minutes.  You are left with perfectly baked cheese, soft, but not too soft, zucchini, juicy tomatoes, and a delicious supper!



We thought it tasted like a Margarita pizza from Italy!  Well....close, at least.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Who would have thought you would ever be eating such extravagant food, Miss chicken and fries?

    ReplyDelete