Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Layla!

Oh, Layla.  There is something about you I am so drawn to.  You are so interesting and unique.  So loud and boisterous, yet reserved and very loving.  You are so girly, yet are the first one to want to watch Daddy shoot targets.  You love, love, love being around people.  We left the house yesterday morning at 8:15am and got home at 10pm; that is a perfect day for you.  I adore so many things about you, but mostly your JOY.  There are very few grumpy moments with you, and for that I am so thankful.  Well, other than when you should be grumpy (like when you get in trouble), and you smile anyway.  You, my girl, are one of a kind.

This is my favorite photo of us.  It is taken hours after your birth.  Your eyes are locked into mine, as if to say, "I love my mommy."  From the second I laid eyes on you, I loved you too.

You have been gorgeous from day one.
Birthday doughnut!

Ready to go for your big day!

After MOPS, Layla wanted to have lunch with Noah and Asher at their school.  The girls (Alisa, Maleah, Layla) went one way and Dallas and I went the other with the little boys.  When we got back to the house, Layla was doing nails, make-up, and hair.  Complete birthday bliss for this little girly girl!

Opening present from Grandpa Rod and Grandma Bonnie.

Birthday ice cream.

Your other request was to go to "Waverly McDonald's" to play and eat chicken nuggets.  All the kids had a blast!

4 years old!

Your very wanted rainbow birthday cake!  You loved it, and I loved to see you so happy.
 We had such a special day with you, Layla.  MOPS, lunch, make-up and hair, playing with cousins, birthday presents, and yummy, sparkly cake made for a most excellent 4th birthday. 

I am so blessed to be your mommy!  It is a challenge, sweet thing.  We aren't a whole lot alike, so I don't always understand you, but I sure do love you.  I love all the things that make you unique, and pray you are as bold and yourself all the years ahead.  You are so likeable, and I can't wait to see God's dreams for you as you grow.

Happy birthday, Layla!  We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment