Thursday, January 24, 2013

Charlie's big boy bed.

About two weeks ago, Layla climbed into Charlie's crib with him.  And then, she climbed out.

Thus enters the great idea into Charlie's head to follow lead.  A lightbulb went off in his head, and as you other fellow moms know, our lives have completely changed.

That afternoon, I was sitting at Olive Garden, having a lovely lunch for Layla's birthday, when Dallas calls me.  He said, "I just put Charlie in his crib for nap, walked out the door, and he walked out right behind me."  I couldn't help but laugh, because I wasn't there.  But believe you me; I wasn't laughing that night!

The girls never got out of their beds for the first couple weeks.  But Charlie isn't no newbie.  He has seen this all before.  He got up, we put him in, he got up, we put him in.  Dallas took over, and some long time later, I received a text: This was your idea.  Come take care of this critter.

He never did get out of his bed that night, or so we thought.  Come to find out, he would go crawl in with Maleah.  After a couple nights of this happening, whether we wanted it or not, it was.  So here we are.  Three big bedrooms upstairs, and all three children in only one of them.  They are sleeping fantastic, and we are happy parents with lots of sleep.

The arrangements?  Maleah in her bed, Charlie in Layla's bed, and Layla in the pack'n'play.  Those of you who know Layla well are laughing right now.  Even at the age of four, she dreams of her glory days as a baby.

Dallas made the cutest bed for Charlie out of our crib.  He sawed it apart, and nailed it back together to fit perfectly, with "built in" siderails. 

He looks pretty excited about his new bed, eh!

They always look so tiny at first in a big bed.  And take note; the camo comforter was dug up from the basement, just for the time being.  This laying down in bed was the practice round.  The real deal wasn't nearly this happy looking.
They must not mind their new sleeping arrangements too bad, because when Wheel of Fortune started at 6:30, Dallas and I were already enjoying the evening to ourselves.  The first couple nights weren't great, but hey, they are now!  Sometimes our life feels like an absolute circus.  And for that, we are thankful.

3 comments:

  1. 6:30?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!! Haha! Love those monkeys. And love how Dallas texted you! Oh my, great story! Charlie, you sound like Tori. It must be the 3rd kid that's the problem child.... eh, Missy??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your children {and miss them too!}!!! Sweet Charlie always looks like he's got something up his sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! So funny! I am sure we will be in this same boat shortly! So sweet that he crawls in with his sisters. Love it.

    ReplyDelete