Saturday, February 2, 2013

My annual review.

As a mommy, you don't often get "reviewed."  Or, if I do, I consider it by the amount of yelling during the day, tears during supper that nobody is eating and I slaved over, precious times cuddling and reading, or how well they go to bed at night. 

At MOPS, the idea was given to interview your children.  I've done this time to time with their interests, etc., but never an interview about how they view me, their mommy.  It was interesting!, and something I will continue to do every year.  My sister encouraged us to consider this a job assessment.  Their little perspective of me was darling cute, and made me chuckle.

Maybe you don't care.  And frankly, this was for me.  But, I also know me too well.  I will lose these sheets of paper before they make it somewhere safe, so on the blog it goes.  This is, after all, our family journal.

Here goes...

Maleah, age 5

1. What is something mom always says to you?  I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?  When I give her kisses and hugs.
3. What makes mom sad?  When we don't obey Mommy and Daddy.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? When she says funny things.
5. What was your mom like as a child? A baby.
6. How old is your mom? 27.
7. How tall is your mom?  No guesses.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Mom and dad shows.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Hang out.
10. What is your mom really good at?  Cooking.
11. What is your mom not very good at?  Nothing.
12. What does your mom do for her job?  Play piano.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?  Sweet potatoes and smoothies.
14. What makes you proud of your mom? When she cuddles with me.
15. What do you and your mom do together? Cuddle.
16. How are you and your mom the same? Both our names start with "M" and we both have blonde hair.
17. How are you and your mom different? She is big and I am small.
18. How do you know your mom loves you?  Because she tells me lots and lots and lots of times.
19. What does your mom like most about your dad? Whatever she wants him to do, he does for her.
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?  Pizza Hut.

Layla, age 4

1. What is something mom always says to you?  I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?  That I smile at her.
3. What makes mom sad?  That Daddy would die.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? She talks silly.
5. What was your mom like as a child? She had short hair.
6. How old is your mom? 60.
7. How tall is your mom?  58.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Wild Kratts.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Clean.
10. What is your mom really good at?  Coloring.
11. What is your mom not very good at? Lifting up a house.
12. What does your mom do for her job?  Clean.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?  Pizza.
14. What makes you proud of your mom? That she doesn't die.
15. What do you and your mom do together? Go grocery shopping.
16. How are you and your mom the same? We both like to go to the park.
17. How are you and your mom different? God made our body different.
18. How do you know your mom loves you?  Because I love Jesus.
19. What does your mom like most about your dad? That Jesus is in his heart.
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?  To Nana's.

There ya have it.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment