Monday, February 25, 2013

Bedroom Makeover.

I thought we were going to be snowed in this last weekend.  Well that ended up to be not much of anything, huh?  Since I figured we would need a project, we stopped by Sherwin Williams and took a gander at the mis-tints.  For $3.00 a gallon, you really can't go wrong. 

Our first plan was to do the kids' bedrooms.  We switched them around, gave them a new look, and everybody is finally settled (since Charlie's crib days are over).  Dallas was all over the painting and did awesome.  So awesome that the next morning I told him I had this grand idea overnight; to do our bedroom too! 

We painted just one wall, and I had a bedspread I had picked up major clearance at Target, so the vision was there.  I never did like our bedroom before.  And since I never liked it, I took horrible care of it.  I was hit and miss at making the bed, it seemed to be our dump spot, my laundry space, you know how it goes.  I decided that once and for all, our bedroom was going to be a retreat.  I want to fall into bed at night totally relaxed, and wake up feeling rejuvenated. 

Here's what we came up with...

Amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do!  And, this is a mis-tint.  Beautiful, isn't it?

New comforter.  Fresh and vibrant.


Took the door off of the cabinet in the corner.  Much better.

Woofta.  Those were the days.

Lovely and refreshing.
I still have a plan to execute for behind our bed.  But for now?  I am thrilled.  Plus, I've made the bed every day and it has been immaculately clean.  Yahoo!

1 comment: