Monday, February 25, 2013

Stitches.

There's a first for everything, and I am actually quite thrilled we have made it this far without more emergency room visits! 

Last Friday, Mrs. Bader called me that Maleah and her friend, Eli Schipper, ran into each other in P.E.  They bonked heads, and Maleah's glasses went up and split her eyebrow.  I talked to Maleah and asked her if she wanted me to come get her.  It was the very end of the day, and the bus was about to pick them up.  She told me she was fine, and would see me when she got off the bus (sounding totally fine and very confident).  No problem...

...until she got home.  You know when you see your mom and all of a sudden the tears come rolling?  She started crying, "I wanted you to come pick me up!" Charlie started crying, and the race around the house to get her bandaid off began.  Finally, after getting the bandaid off, I sent a photo to my friend, Nicole (the best ER nurse ever), and she said, "Ummmm yes, she needs stitches."  Off we went.

Maleah was absolutely awesome.  It went great, we went five days later to get them out, and you would never know anything ever happened. 

One more experience to put down in the books.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment