Monday, April 14, 2014

Be thankful for quiet days...

I hear my friends talk, and even joke, about how many times their vehicle leaves the garage in a day.   I just don't get that.  There are more days than not that our van doesn't even pull out of this driveway once.  I hear of all the extra curricular stuff, church activities, on and on, and the lies start to creep in.  Are we doing enough?  Are my kids being socialized?  Will they be on the only ones who don't know how to behave on a team?  Will they not know as much as children who have been in preschool for years?

I know in my heart of hearts that what we are doing (not a whole lot) is what God has called us to do. I know, and the fact is, that when our kids are older in only a few short years, our van will be taking many trips to and fro.  When they are all in junior high, then high school, then college, we will be on the go, go, go.

So for now, we have made the choice to sit tight.  We have made the choice to eat our meals together. We have made the choice to host ball games in our yard with bunches of friends.  We have made the choice to keep them home for now.  I don't consider what I do homeschooling; I am mothering.  This is just what we do.  It is not right.  It is not wrong.  It's just us.

It's as if the Lord knew I needed a word.  I feel our life is very "ho hum" some days.  Sometimes it feels lonely, or I feel we aren't involved enough.  I know we will be, soon.  But for today? It's just "routines" that speak volumes in spiritual realms.  Thank you for the affirmation, Lord.

This is what He gave me yesterday.  He speaks directly to His children.  He did to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment