Thursday, October 9, 2014

today.

Today was one of those really great days.

This morning was MOPS, always a highlight of my week.  While there is so much going on in people's lives that always leave me feeling burdened, I can't help but feel encouraged and uplifted after leaving church Thursday mornings.  It feels so great to celebrate the gift of motherhood with like minded people.

After MOPS, my mom and I went to Culvers.  We ran into an old time friend, enjoyed kid's meals, and shared and cried about all the great things that are happening.  Because we couldn't squelch Layla's excitement about Michael's being open, we took a walk through the store and I found some super cute crafts I'm excited to dig into with the kids.  We ventured over to Old Navy and ran into another great friend.  All kinds of awesome.

Ruby and Charlie fell asleep on the way home and took nice naps.

After Maleah got home, we brought Charlie to the field with his lunch box, and the girls and I headed back into town for music lessons.  While Maleah had piano, I went on a walk with Ruby and Layla.  Layla rode her scooter and Ruby was in the stroller.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and Layla and I chatted about the clouds and heaven.  Her mind amazes me.  During violin, Layla and Ruby at their supper I packed for them and were good and quiet.  Score.

Tonight, I sat with them as they all constructed with legos.  We chatted and just were together.

Now they are all peacefully sleeping, and instead of some nights where I analyze the day and feel guilty, regretful, worried, the list goes on...I am basking in the beauty that was today.  There are no guarantees tomorrow will be so great.  But today?  It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment