Friday, February 18, 2011

Sweetness.

Check out my sweet peas. The girls will only sleep together. We have no idea what got this idea into their heads, but the idea will not get out! The great thing is that they are actually sleeping well. It takes them a longer time to fall asleep, but when I went up to scold them last night and found Maleah holding Layla, I decided to embrace the idea that they love each other, and while they still think it's awesome to be with each other, we're going to let it be. One day, all too soon, they will probably despise even the idea of sharing a room.



Our problem is that Layla fell out of the bed the other night. Holy canoli was that ever traumatic. And I really don't desire for her to have another broken arm. So, we are going to try to combine their rooms so they each have their own bed at least. This is our Saturday project. I am so super excited. There is something so refreshing about rearranging, no? If all else fails, back to their own room they go.

The third sweet pea, Charlie boy, still sleeps swaddled. I call it swaddled, others call it his straight jacket. He will be six months old in ten days, and I should probably let him have some freedom! However, I am all too worried about losing any sort of sleep. Laugh it up. Since the little guy is only in the 5% for his weight, he still looks just fine in that swaddle. He might be a little tall for it. But again, pretty soon he will be climbing up a ladder to get into bed. For now? I think I'll keep him confined as my little itty bitty baby.

3 comments:

  1. How precious! The boys have recently been begging for a "slumber party" with each other. Quite honesty the slightest thought of such an activity absolutely terrifies me! We told them that's a good Friday or Saturday night activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Rachel! The girls look SO cute sleeping together! Hope the room sharing goes well. I CANNOT believe you still put Charlie in a straight jacket. I laughed out loud. What's this about the small group doing a fast from shopping?! don't know if i could have done it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet!
    My nephews (9 and almost 8) STILL sleep in the same bed. Kind of strange? :), but kind of sweet too.

    ReplyDelete