Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

That smile is all about the jello. He LOVED the jello. At first I think he didn't understand that it's to eat, not just wiggle around. He figured out how good it tasted very quickly.

We had our newest little Valentine, Carson, here to celebrate. And let me just tell you, thank you Lord for your provision! Our small group is doing a 21 day "fast." Because Charlie would starve to death if I gave up food, I decided that I would not buy anything but food for 21 days. While I know it's not the biggest deal in the world to have Valentine's day presents, I am a momma and was so bummed that my kids would be getting nothing special.
Why ever doubt that the good Lord will pull through? Of course Papa & Nana and Grandma & Grandpa spoiled the kids, and then on Valentine's morning when Carson showed up, he came bearing gifts and gifts and gifts. We felt so incredibly blessed! The girls have been carrying their baskets and presents around. They felt special and loved.

I went and woke up Maleah from her nap and said, "Mommy wants to make cookies with you!" This was going to be an activity for everyone. But you can imagine how it would have gone with a 3 year old, 2 year old, 16 month old, and 5 months old. Yup, it was totally worth waking up just Maleah. She was beside herself in giddiness. We made goody packages for our friends.


And here's our lunch. Heart jello jigglers, heart pancakes, and Valentine's cupcakes. The favorite part? The special napkin. Easily pleased.

That evening we had Kindermusik class and then the kids went to Papa and Nana's while Dallas and I got to go on a date! Yahoo! We laughed and laughed about our first Valentine's Day, TEN years ago. That's a long time when you're only 25 years old. Yes, I was only 15. And the only thing I would do differently is have another 10 years behind us. I can't imagine my life without my favorite person in the world.
It's safe to say we are still absolutely crazy about each other.
He still makes my heart flutter.
He still impresses me every single day.
I am constantly reminded why I chose him.
And I am ever so grateful that the Lord gave him to me.
He is my most treasured possession on this earth.
I can't wait to see where we are ten years from now.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment