Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vacation Continued

For some stinky reason, I am not able to upload the rest of the vacation pictures. That is so unfortunate, because let me tell you, they are cute (a picture of Layla coming down the slide and Charlie in his trunks, ahem, adorable!)!!

If ever you got sick of the swimming part, there was a place in the lodge that had puzzles, games, coloring, and even "projects" you could pay to do (paint pottery, etc.). And if ever you got sick of the project part, you could venture over to the climbing nets and slides. Three stories worth. And for the older kids, there was a place called "Magic Quest." Magic Quest is a big scavenger hunt. You purchase a wand and do certain things to get your clues and complete the hunt. Combine all of these things, and you have one heck of a family vacation getaway!

And who would forget the 8:00 Pajama Party! Every evening, all the kiddos venture to the lobby in their jammies. The animals and people in the cabin come alive and tell a story with song. Then the children get a chance to meet Wiley the Wolf, or Violet the Lady Wolf. The kids love this part. But I have to admit that I LOVED the music! I loved it so much so I drove my husband and vacation companions nutty by singing it all day and night. The story was c-u-t-e.

We hope to make the Great Wolf Lodge an annual happening. I sure hope you all get there someday too! It's just that great!

1 comment: