Thursday, December 22, 2011

charlton christmas.

We made the trip last weekend to the lovely Chatfield, Minnesota (had no idea how cute it was!). My aunt and uncle hosted at us at all the church he pastors. It was the *perfect* set-up: nursery for the kids, big kitchen, lots of room to roam, "stage" for the kids' performances, basement for the Christmas tree pinata mess, lots of bathroom space, you get the picture.

It was all sorts of fun! It was a smaller crowd, which could have possibly been a disappointment, but no way! It was actually kind of nice. I loved the conversation with my aunts/uncles/cousins/grandma, and the kids loved playing together.

It was our first Christmas without my grandpa. He spent the day in the nursing home, while we all celebrated. It was strange and sad. Considering how weird it's felt for me, I can't begin to imagine how my grandma feels. But, as always, she's a lady full of incredible grace, handling it with ease. There is no doubt she misses her love, but her *true* love is Jesus (that is VERY evident). She amazes me.

Do you think the pictures are working? Of course not. I'll try again later. For now it's sleep - we have lots of "Christmasing" to do this weekend!

Have a merry one!

No comments:

Post a Comment