Sunday, January 8, 2012

Francis Chan quotes.

A few things to think on as we start another new week:
(from Francis Chan's book Crazy Love)

“But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.”

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”

“I believe He wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them.”

“Lukewarm people don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin.”

“We have to believe it enough that it changes how we live.”

“Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers.”

“...we are quick to rationalize our entertainment and priorities yet are slow to commit to serving God.”

“Nothing compares to being truly, exuberantly wanted by your children.”

“I am just an earthly sinful father & I love my kids so much it hurts. How could I not trust a heavenly, perfect Father who loves me infinitely more than I will ever love my kids?”

“...our concern is more about going to heaven than loving the King.”

“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.”

“But that is exactly what Christ asks us to do. He commands that we give without expecting anything in return”




No comments:

Post a Comment