Friday, January 6, 2012

Honesty.

This morning started at 6:00 with Layla in our bedroom. That is far too early for her.
At 6:20 we start hearing a mouse scurrying behind our bed in the wall.
At 7:00 I can't handle the eeriness so go to the fitness center. The reprieve is so nice, even though I hate how hard it is for me to run a single mile.
9:00 comes and blood is pouring out of Layla's ear.
11:45 finds us at the doctor and we are back at it with ear and hearing troubles.
Layla is ornery as can be the rest of the day. Maybe she doesn't feel good? Either way, it's discouraging.
We go to Fareway and leave halfway through the grocery list.
Charlie cries at my feet the entire time I make supper.

Kids are in bed, and Dallas and I sit on the couch. I feel like I could just explode. Most days are really wonderful. Some days feel like a constant battle.

Then I read this: http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/
It's exactly how I feel; exactly. And just what I needed to read tonight.
Read the entire thing; it is so worth your time.

3 comments:

  1. your post was good to read and encouraging (maybe weird to say since I don't have kids) but also so was the blog you linked. After a day like yesterday, hopefully my texts weren't annoying when we said how much we loved your kids ;)
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some days just plain stink! If they were all blissful we wouldn't see our need for a Savior or appreciate His new mercies every morning. so sorry you had a "one of those days"! we put the kids to bed early and have a glass of wine on those days. Loved the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your bad day!! I totally have those same feelings...where the best part of the day is putting the kids to bed and they make me more thankful for the good days...though at times seem more few and far between. :)
    Thanks for that link. Great post!

    ReplyDelete