Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 5 (seven.food)

Went to the grocery store last night. That was torture! I walked in and there was a display with all the yumminess of Easter staring right at me; Cadbury eggs, peanut butter Reese's eggs, jelly beans. I wanted some!!!

We have yet to really be hungry. We feel very satisified, and in fact, our foods are quite good! We just want more! This is the whole point: I am a product of America: I want more.

We've gone through times of being really annoyed and needing encouragement from our council, then times of feeling confident and excited about what we are doing and encouraging them. The first couple days we had horrible caffeine headaches. Thankfully, we are through with that. We are getting super creative with how we make our foods, so that challenge has been fun for me as I love to cook!

And for the record: we switched out spinach and got yogurt! Woo Hoo!!

Lastly, I am so thankful Dallas is doing this with me. It's been nice to help each other, not have to stare at his gourmet plate while I sit with my blandness, and have a growing experience together. There is nobody I would rather do it with. I love him for being willing to be miserable for a month (the man really loves foods), at the expense of my crazy idea (even though I don't know he'll agree to an idea of mine every again!). Two are better than one, and it's so nice to do the challenge as a united front!


In other news:
* I had photos taken of the kids the other morning. It was an absolute fail. Charlie was such a stinker! He laughed the whole way there and the whole way home. But at the studio? Grouch!
*Layla's speech has taken off! You can understand nearly everything she says! What a relief!
* I realized I am going to miss Kindergarten Round-up (gasp!!!!). I will be in Florida for a life-long friend's wedding with my mom and sisters. Thankfully Daddy will be around, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it made my heart throb.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment