Thursday, December 31, 2015

Post Christmas

We have been purging, cleaning, organizing, and rearranging post Christmas.  It's been refreshing, frustrating, maddening, wonderful, and freedom all wrapped up in one!


The girls did a great job going through their stuff.  Oh sweet Layla keeps everything.  That entire dresser was full of just stuff.  All the stuff on the floor is hers.  There was stuff everywhere!  But, she did a fantastic job of sifting through it all and was able to consolidate her treasures into a little box.

Layla is my girl who loves her notes and pictures from people, special items that remind of her places or loved ones, and is just genuinely very sentimental.  I, in no way, want to squelch that.  I adore (and it breaks my heart) how she cries when her cousins leave or after a fantastic weekend of great memory making is over.  Her little things in her box remind her of these times, and I want to honor that.  Within reason.  :)

I have also been working on pitching.  Yesterday I got rid of four trash bags and the chair we bought for $25 and rocked four babies in.  I might have cried.  But mostly celebrated.

We are enjoying today and tomorrow while we ring in the year together as a family, plus a few extra kids.  We have so much to be thankful for looking back on this blessed year!

No comments:

Post a Comment