Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rambling...

We are in the process of having our upstairs bathroom remodeled. It has been super fun to see the transformation! But, a little strange, having other people (men) in your home most of the day. You feel as though you can't do what you normally do, but you can't do nothing either. During this time, we have become good pals with the guys (workers, as Layla calls them) and I can't wait to tell you about how we've all had heart changes and blessings from one another. One of the major bummers of the whole thing is that the kids haven't been able to sleep as normal. They get here early, waking Charlie up. And naptime is a total crapshoot. Sometimes it sounds as though the whole house is going to fall down. But today? All three are sleeping! Hallelujah!


I love babies. I really love babies. And I feel as though I would be content to always have a baby. Like any young family, we go back and forth with the million dollar question: are you done having kids? While we aren't sure, this week I have had a couple realizations. Both Tuesday morning (Bible Study) and Thursday morning (MOPS) at church, I held other people's babies. It was so nice to be able to bless someone else and give another mommy a break. While I'm not going to choose my family size based on everyone else, it's been really great to be the one giving and loving. For the last four years, people have helped me out by opening doors for me, holding my baby, helping me get set up for nursing, on and on. To be on the other side of that feels good.


I stopped at Diamond Vogel to get another gallon of paint today, and the man said, "I heard you have such well behaved children." He went on about what he heard, both good and bad. I'm not saying this to brag, but let me tell you, it felt so good to hear. I am trying so hard to intentionally raise *very* good, sweet, generous, well-behaved children. Sometimes it feels as though I am getting absolutely nowhere. Last night the babysitter couldn't say enough good things, and today the paint man was impressed too. I don't need my work to be shown. But it feels so good that all I am doing isn't for not. I plan on telling other mommas the same. What an encouragement.

Today is "visit day" for Maleah's dance class. I am so excited to see her in action. We went to MOPS this morning, where I leave feeling so lifted up and filled with great ideas. I have chili in the crock pot, homemade bread in the machine, and caramel bars in the oven. Everyday isn't roses, but today is.


Happy Thursday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Um, your caramel rolls from the family cookbook? Yum.

    Sounds like a great day. What an encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete