Monday, July 30, 2012

Adventureland 2012

It was another great summer weekend!  Us, along with Dallas's parents, and sister's family ventured to big ol' dreamland: Adventureland.  They haven't seen Disney or anything better yet, so Adventureland far exceeds their expectations.  I love it that way!

Their hands are full.  And, so are their hearts.

Us.
The weather was spectacular.  I mean, it could have rained any day this summer and has not, but of course it did while we were at the park.  Oh well.  I'd rather be wet from rain than sweat anyday. 

The kids had a blast on the rides.  And, the joy I find in watching their huge smiles and bright eyes is so rewarding.  It was a great day for all!

At the top while dropping the kids off at the bottom.  Maleah becomes concerned, while Charlie just pops right on up.

Fun with Daddy in the water!

Savoring every last minute with this girl this summer.  I am so excited for her to start school, but will always be one of those mommas who is sad the first day and ecstatic the last day.  Call me crazy.  I love spending my days with these hoodlums.

Chilly day for the water, but fun anyway!!

Beyond thankful for my hubster.

Cutest moment of the day.  Charlie got to ride the Frog Hopper (barely!).  He got on, and right up went his hands.  He has NO problem keeping up with the big dogs.  Monkey see, monkey do.

Ummmm???

This is fun!!

And then he starts screaming and giggling. 

So stinkin' cute!!

That was thrilling.  Very happy little boy and girl. :)
After 9 hours at the park, we headed to the hotel, ate pizza, and zonked out.  The next morning was breakfast and swimming, then onto Jordan Creek where we shopped and the kids played.  It was a great weekend!


After a full, but great weekend, it feels so good to put the kids to bed and just chill out and regroup with my main man.  We love watching the kids burst with excitement, and get this feeling of "they are ours."  But dealing with tired kids, traveling, all 5 of us sleeping in one room, meltdowns over candy at the mall...all of it is hard work.  I can't imagine doing it with anybody but Dallas by my side.  We are doing this, together.  And, it feels so good, and so very worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. i love the adoration you have for your children and your hubby - such a wonderful example to all of around you!

    ReplyDelete