Monday, July 23, 2012

Swimming Lessons 2012

We have completed our 2012 summer swimming lessons.  They went fine.  Being a water lover myself (let me rephrase...swimming pool lover), the kids naturally feel comfortable, as well.  Layla is much more timid than Maleah or Charlie (who woulda thought!), but her confidence will come with time and age.  Charlie, on the other hand, needs lessons as he is far TOO confident and will jump right in, ready or not!  Oh, the things that make my heart skip a beat!

Anyway, here are photos from the fun two weeks.  And by fun, I mean for the girls.  Their lessons weren't at the same time, so Charlie and I got to sit (haha!!  sit??) at the pool for two hours every day for two weeks.  It actually went better than I anticipated, but I was very relieved to be finished.

Onto the photos...

Maleah.  It was nice to see her swimming this level instead of just splashing around.

Mr. Trouble.  or Mr. Cute.  or Mr. Sneaky.  Whatever you want to call him.

Out the slide she comes!

Good jump, Maleah!

Onto Level 3 she goes...

Layla's class.

Front float.

Back float.
It was neat for me to see them in a "group."  I feel like I don't see them take instruction from others often, so I'm always interested in how they do when I'm not there.  I was so pleased with them and their respect and obedience.  So pleased that we got ice cream, almost every single day.  Don't judge.  It was hard work for me too.  

:)

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Alisa used to take me to my swim lessons in the Grocery Getter. ;)

    ReplyDelete