Monday, March 17, 2014

Concert & Retreat

I had two weekends in a row away, indulging in myself and marveling at my Lord.  It was amazing!

First weekend: Chicago!  Dana and I packed up and headed East to a Kari Jobe concert.  We chatted the entire way, checked into our hotel, stopped for a quick bite to eat, got lost (in Chicago, yes), and eventually made it to the best concert I have ever been to.

Kari Jobe was absolutely amazing.  I felt like I was sitting in heaven listening to an angel.  Her voice is so powerful, yet the sweetest thing you've ever heard.  We didn't want the night to ever end, but alas, it did.  I feel so blessed to have worshipped with her.  Seriously, hands down, so beautiful!

The next day we hit up Ikea (heck yes!), and then got word a snow storm was fiercely on its way.  We decided we would take off and see how far we could get.  With slow going, we made it home safe and sound.  It was such a great time of chatter and laughter.  It's so nice to be with a dear friend, just one on one.  I treasured every minute with her.


Second weekend: Minnesota!  I was privileged enough to head to Stacy's cousin's retreat.  I knew this was an extraordinary group of women, as I've heard Stacy talk about the retreat in years past.  When Alisa and I got what we joked was the "golden ticket," we couldn't believe it!  It was just that...

First night there, we got stuck.  Oh yes, for hours, we got stuck.  This was our first point of contention.  There was another point too.  I'm so glad we were able to find the humor in it.  For an hour and fifteen minutes we pushed, and laughed, and pushed, and laughed.  Wow...

Tight squeeze.  Lake over that cliff on the right, and brick building to the left.  No worries, right?!  And, you can't quite tell the steep incline.  Oh dear...
We could SEE the retreat lodge and hear the women laughing.  We were so close and we just kept thinking "retreat...retreat...retreat."  After some back up reinforcements, we made it.  Upon arrival, it instantly felt relaxing.  Women sitting around couches under blankets, fireplace stoked, Sara Groves singing, a marvelous food spread, and the sweet chatter of ladies.  I knew I was in for a treat.

The weekend was teaching, worshipping, and fellowship.  It was an intimate bunch, only about 30 of us.  I learned so much (for another blog...), and felt completely refreshed and rejuvenated.  The last morning was a lesson from Mimi Wilson, then communion.  It was so powerful, yet so tender.  So, so great.

We joked that we had pre-retreat, retreat, and post-retreat.  We stopped at Stacy's brother's restaurants on the way up and back.  That, in itself, was a marvelous treat!

Stacy, Alisa, and I.  It was so nice to have so much time to talk and share.
Bottom left: homemade tots!  Seriously.
Bottom right: such a beautiful drive.

I knew it was going to be beautiful, but not until I got out during the day did I realize just how gorgeous it was.  This is where we stayed.  On the back is a lake.  Deer would just mozy right on by.  Retreat it was.



I felt so much richer in my soul after going to the retreat.  Selfishly, it was so nice to be fed physically, spiritually, emotionally.  Then I realized, that isn't selfish.  For me to take care of everyone else, I must feed myself too.  I want to spill out goodness.  This weekend filled me up with just that, so I can better share it with others.  It was a blessed, blessed weekend.

And, I can't go without saying a huge shout-out to my stellar man.  He not only had the kids both weekends, but I came home to a beautifully clean home, and a happy husband.  He is so gracious about me going.  I, on the other hand, hate when he leaves.  (lesson to be learned, huh?).  I was feeling guilty about leaving again and almost backed out the day or two before, but he really encouraged me to go.  I'm so grateful for him.

After the go ahead to kick the guilt outta there, I decided to just sit in His goodness and relish in the blessing.  What a great couple of weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment