Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One year ago...

One year ago I was two days out from being induced to *finally* meet our little girl.  Dallas still didn't have all his crops planted, everybody who was due around me or after me was having their babies, and I had gone in for [too many] false alarms.  It was quite the time.

The week of the kids' first birthdays I always get so sentimental, or emotional, whatever you like to call it.  They change so much that first year.  One year ago, I was the only one who knew my baby's patterns, how her rump felt and her elbow stuck out, and when she was awake or sleeping.  Now, so many people get the joy of knowing her.  It's awesome.  But so was a year ago, even in the misery of being huge and uncomfortable, when it was just me and her.

I remember this week a year ago, savoring every last minute with the "big kids."  We went to parks, on walks, out for ice cream, out to eat, to the grocery store; everything we could possibly squeeze in while it was still "easy," and "just us."  Funny how quickly the "us" changes.  I had the anticipation and excitement of meeting our girl, but also the guilt of changing the lives of the others' so drastically.  My wise husband reminded me that a sibling is the best gift we could ever give them.  And so, I enjoyed the last two days with them, happily.

I was looking through photos of Ruby's birth day and the day after today.  It's amazing.







Oh, Ruby Joy.  I can't believe you will be ONE in two days.  Everybody says how fast it goes.  And I say, it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment