Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ruby is ONE!

Woofta!  I'm behind on here again.  I could say we are busy, that I forget, it's not priority, or that the computer is in the basement and I never get down here.  All of the above are true.

There's a lot to catch up on, but the most important thing that happened in the last couple weeks?!

Our baby turned ONE!


It seems like she was just born, yet like she has been here forever.  She is our Rubsies, our little jewel, our Joy Joy, our baby, and we absolutely adore her.  She is busy, feisty, and into everything, just as a one-year-old should be (and can I say a one-year-old is exhausting?!).  She brings a lot of life into our day, and for that we are ever so grateful!



The minute I met her, I loved her to pieces.  As a mom, it is indescribable how fiercely you love someone you literally just laid eyes on.  The connection is so deep and the love so intense.  Being a mom is such a gift, one I never want to take for granted.  So, even with an exhausting one-year-old, she is ours.  And she is one.  And that is worth so much.  We love our Ruby Joy.

I will never forget when the kids first saw their baby sister.  Seeing the big kids is such an emotional time for me.  It's bittersweet, until they make it completely sweet.  They instantly loved every little bit of her being, too.




And lastly, seeing my love with his babies makes me fall in love with him over and over and over again.  The birth of Ruby was very untimely.  And, I'm not going to lie, it was hard between Dallas and I.  But, we are a team, and I couldn't' have chosen a better companion in life to raise these little rascals with then my main man.




I vividly remember sitting on the bed the night she was born with all four kids and Dallas.  We were oohing and aahing over Ruby, and I was overcome with peace.  I remember feeling overwhelming thankful, and looking at the kids like 'this is my family.'  It was such a good feeling, a feeling of relief, and a feeling of confidence.  With emotion welling deep inside me, I remember thanking the Lord and thinking this is us.



Happy birthday, Ruby!  You are our precious, beautiful jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment