Monday, January 24, 2011

Charlie's Dedication.


All the family who came to celebrate Charlie with us.




Psalm 46:10-11
"Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress."


Our sweet surprise, Charlie, was dedicated on Saturday. It was wonderful. Mostly because of the conversation it sparked between Dallas and I. Reading through the "promises" makes you re-evaluate your parenting! Of course we would all say we pray for our children, and do our best to bring them up in a "christian" home. But do we really?

We want our children to not just know it's important to know about Jesus. We want them to see faith, love, sacrifice, being 100% sold out to Jesus! I want them to see me on my knees in prayer, at the table with my Bible open, taking care of family and friends. We promised to teach and pray for Charlie. There's no doubt in my mind Charlie was given to us for a very specific purpose. We want to do our very best with him. We want to honor God with the gift he has given us in our son.




2 comments:

  1. so beautiful Maris! and charlie is that special surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this verse - the 1st 1/2 and the 2nd 1/2! Did you pick this verse? Or did Pastor?

    ReplyDelete