Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rhythms.

A couple weeks ago at church, we were encouraged to re-evaluate our "rhythms." What better time than the beginning of the year.

Bible reading. Something I am ashamed to say I am horrible at. I will read a good book (The Hole in our Gospel, Radical, Crazy Love, etc.), but the Word of God in its rawest form is something I rarely dive into. I feel like I am in constant communion with the Lord throughout the day. I love prayer and conversation with my Father. But, Pastor Fuller said something along the lines of how we all claim to be these christians who have been followers for so long, but how then do we hardly know anything about the Bible. Very true of me. So, every evening I will spend time with my Heavenly Father, reading His word. How awesome is it that the God of the entire universe will be waiting for me. Every single night. No more excuses from me. If I were to meet a friend for coffee at 7:00, I would be there and give it a good chunk of my time. I will do the same for Jesus.

Exercise. Something I am ashamed to say I am horrible at, too. I go in spurts. Instead of either going hard or not going at all, I will pick up this new rhythm and exercise three times a week first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, exercise is something I don't enjoy, especially in the winter. Come summer, I can't wait to get out and run. But for these winter months, three days a week is what I'm willing to give it. Me and Jillian Michaels. In the basement.

Reading books to the children. We used to read so many books, but since Charlie has been born, that rhythm has gone out the window. We even forego book reading at bedtime. So, back on the wagon I am going to get. Lots and lots of reading books. I love it and they love it.

These are the few "rhythms" I am going to pick up everyday. They are daily activities that will just be a part of our life. They will go right in tune with the day. I have many more "resolutions" to share soon.

Until then, help keep me accountable with my new rhythms, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment