Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Layla!!


Two years ago today, I was 10 days overdue with baby number two. It wasn't so bad. It was cold so the extra warmth was nice, Maleah was young so every extra day she could have to grow up a bit was okay, and I knew that although I was uncomfortable, the sweet baby was comfortable and quiet.

She may have waited ten extra days to make her appearance, but once she decided to come, she came quickly (1.5 hours at the hospital, hello!)! We always joke that Layla flew out of the chute and hasn't slowed down since.

All about Layla...
- Layla LOVES bags and dolls! She also loves boots, the swimming pool (mimming cool), her little kitchen, and her family.
- Layla has quite the language. Two years of bad ears has taken its toll her her speech, but it's something that has become special to Layla. Some of her words are: oppia (potty), Mamena (Maleah), Bop (Mark), bilp (milk), ahua (water).
- Layla mimics every.single.thing big sister Maleah does.
- Layla wears 24 months or 2T clothing. And she changes her clothes numerous times a day.
- Layla was potty trained 100%. Much to my dismay, success rate definately dropped over Christmas!
- Layla will many times choose discipline over the right choice. Being naughty is just worth it to her sometimes.
- Layla is also known as Laylers.
- Layla's personality and spunk is one of a kind. If you know her, you know this.
- And my all-time favorite: every morning when I walk into Layla's room she asks me, "bye-bye?" I answer back, "Nope, not today." She gets a huge grin across her face and says, "HOME!!!" And that does a mommy's heart a whole lot of good.

I'm so thankful that the Lord chose me to be her momma.
My life is so much greater with her in it.
Happy 2nd birthday, Layla Grace!

3 comments:

  1. This was a very delightful first post! Happy Birthday Layla! We all think you're awesome (especially Noah).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Don't forget your password!

    Happy birthday to dear Layla! You should have known she would come on her own timing. Love the sass!

    ReplyDelete