Monday, May 16, 2011

Tulip Time

Rewind to last weekend. I am very behind in the blogging world, and am catching up this week! Hold tight!

First up: Tulip Time 2011.

Every year at tulip time I meet up with my college friends. It always seems someone is getting married or having a baby, so we throw in a shower and call it a great time! It's usually a crapshoot whether or not Dallas gets to come along. This year was a big fat no. I called up my mom the night before and invited her! We each had a long week without the men in our lives, so a day away sounded splendid.

The wonderful and beautiful Nana and spunky Layla enjoying the beautiful weather:

The weather was deceivingly HOT. The kids got pretty fried. It's bound to happen the first sunny day of the year.

We left first thing in the morning. To say we were all very excited is quite the understatement. Then to pull up and see Nana was going to get in the van with us brought it all up another level. We were ready for a spankin' good time!

First stop was West Market park. Vendors set up their cute little booths there and it's a fun place to glance through. The girls scored on some pillowcases they picked out with their name on (they are obsessed with them!) and I got a precious metal tulip for my landscape garden area.

My wonderful mother offered to keep the girls so I could go out to meet the college gals with just Charlie boy. She walked around the town with them, looked at the beautiful, perfectly opened tulips, then parked it for the parade where I would be back to meet them. All the while, Charlie and I headed to Bos Landen for some girl time.

Missing a couple girls, but here we are celebrating the pregnancy of Lori and the upcoming wedding of Jenn:

The parade was wonderful, as it always is. The floats are incredible, and all three kids absolutely loved watching! After the parade, we headed for home.

The highlight of the parade was Thomas the Train:



What a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment