Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy. Going Crazy.

Remember this blog is mostly for my own personal record. This post isn't going to be exactly peachy, but it is our life right now. I am choosing to want to remember this time, because I am confident that some day I will laugh. So, if you want to check out now and come back when things are happier, feel free. Until then, holy smokies...


1. This poor child is battling the stomach flu something fierce. She has been throwing up randomly during the nights for weeks and months now (any ideas why?), but this, my friends, is hard core stomach flu. She moans and groans, moving from the couch to the floor to my arms. Both ends are constantly in action, and she is downright miserable. She's been sleeping a lot. And secretly, there is something so great about taking care of a sick babe. But this is day 3 of the flu, and hearing, "My ummy hurty me Mommy" is getting rather pitiful. All the laundry and baths are getting exhausting. And I'm just watching it happen. She's got to be so sick and tired of this business!

2. As if dealing with vomit in the middle of the night isn't enough, why not have a bat going crazy in Charlie's closet? Really. Really. The only thing worse than mice is bats (can you say a mouse with wings!)! Of course Charlie couldn't sleep with the racket going on, and I couldn't sleep because there are RODENTS in my home! Pretty sure there were little micey running in the walls behind our bed too. My dear husband? He does what he can, but knows that at 1am, nothing much can be done so he sleeps. Yup. You better believe there will be an exterminator visiting our home. And soon.

3. Sleep, or lack there of. I know what you are thinking. How can I talk about no sleep? Let me just tell you: I am paying my dues for having babies who sleep! Charlie has been so restless. He doesn't want to eat, but kicks his legs, wants his ba, on and on. I was reading that their sleep pattern is disturbed around 6-9 months when they are experiencing cognitive or motor development. If this proves to be true, I'm pretty certain he'll be walking in no time (it's a joke. I know he isn't a genius)! Layla has been throwing up throughout the night, so I've been doing laundry at insane times of the day, and I'm pretty sure Maleah doesn't want to miss out on anything, so she's been up too! We have missed out on more sleep in the past two weeks than we missed out with any of our newborns.

I sound like a big ol' complainer. Good thing the day time lends to lots of cuddling, big smiles from the little boy, and Maleah being compliant with all the craziness. But, please, could somebody take away our pests, sickness, and sleep issues?!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. We all have our moments, days, or weeks of insanity. Don't take it personally. You are going through a really tough time. Praise the Lord that the good times seem even better after experiencing the bad times. And give Laylers hugs from Aunt Erica and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Honey!! I'm so glad to read the "real" posts--hate all that ooey-gooey-all-the-time-perfection. Seriously?!?! Ever read my blog?!

    Poor little Wessels' household! Will be praying for rest and peace for all of you! You know how I feel about animals of any sort in the house....and...come slumber at our house, even if just for a little napperoo. You know it's always peace & quiet over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Layla!! That is so sad. I hope she's over the flu fast...and that you can figure out the night pukes too. That sounds horrible for her especially, and you too with all the worry and clean up. Does she have bad reflux?

    Hope you're all able to catch up on some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man! I feel ya - we shoulda just had layla and Gabs just play all week together. Two peas in a pod even when they are sick :) sweet things.

    But the bat and mice thing...ugh. wow!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete