Friday, March 4, 2011

New Mercies.

I woke up this morning thankful that our gracious Lord gives us new mercies each and every day. Even when I am not faithful, He always is. Even when I don't see goodness, He is always good. When it's hard for me to love, He reminds me of the love He shows me, unconditionally.

I can't pinpoint the pit I was in the last couple days. Group no sleep with minor annoyances and being a lady, and boom; more than one can handle! It's not like my days were horrible, but I just felt crabby. I felt disconnected from my husband (is there really worse feeling!). I even had lunch at my grandma's house, and yet felt out of sorts. I hate the feeling.

Last night I came home from teaching and my husband had a hot bubble bath waiting for me. Candles lit. Cherry Coke Zero with grenadine. (I kept reciting the line from Dumb & Dumber in my head: and then you go and totally redeem yourself! It's not like he was in big trouble, but well, ya know...) I got into jammies, went to bed early, had a great night sleep thanks to Dallas helping with all the night and morning duties, and voila - I woke up ready to tackle life again!

The crew and I. Ready for a new, fun day.

We had a fun morning of playing and storytime at the library. Everyone (but Maleah) is down for naps now. She got "Beauty and the Beast" from the library, and today is a special day because she gets to watch it while all the others sleep. She told me it's a "Maleah date." Well then. :)

We are off this weekend to our last swimming trip. We're headed with Dallas's family to Dubuque. It should be a great time, and we are looking forward to one last winter getaway before Daddy is pretty much obsolete for a couple months again.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment