Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not Much New...

Here's what's been going on the last couple days...

1. Dallas returned safe and sound from his snowmobiling trip in Wyoming! He had the best time! He missed us much more than he anticipated (now that felt good), but loved every minute of "climbing" and riding on the trails. Coming down from climbing, well, shook him up a bit. One of my favorite things about Dallas: while he's incredibly masculine and likes all things danger, he's got a whole lot of sensibility and even sensitivity. I love that he gets scared and cries every now and then. I also love that he feels best carrying a gun and killing things. Never thought I'd say that.

2. Layla is back to herself! Throwing fits, coloring marker all over her face, running to every destination, and wearing undies again! We still have her appointment for Iowa City, but feeling like we may be able to cancel it. She looks so much better and is talking like crazy again! She is back to her funny self, making us laugh and laugh every day.

3. Maleah, oh Maleah. She has been thinking and thinking about Dallas's birthday. Today she told me that we should make him a white cake with a John Deere on it. Sounds splendid, sweetie. She also informed us last night when bringing her to bed that, "You can go, guys. I can do it." Okay. And this afternoon? I was resting in my bed and all the kids in theirs. Dallas was gone and Charlie woke up. She came to tell me he woke up, but "I can watch him and you can keep taking your nap." Me and her. We get along pretty well.

4. Charlie - is up on all fours! He can even get across the room, but backwards. Excuse me, Charlie. You are my baby! When did this happen? And how did you totally skip over the rolling over? He will roll from front to back on accident, but has yet to roll otherwise. He is very much in love with Maleah this week. I brought out his 9-month clothing. He still smiles at every one he sees. He's back to sleeping well again (thank goodness!). And he's still obsessed with his mama.

5. Then there's Mommy. I'm so thankful Layla is back on the mend. I didn't realize how much she wasn't herself until the last few days when we've been dealing with the real Layla again. I hated every minute of her being sick, but loved the time I had snuggling with her. I've started running again. I am planning on 2 5k's and a 10k this spring-fall. I haven't run in quite some time, and was very pleased that I was able to do a mile (yes, only a mile), fairly easily. Having said that, I have absolutely no clue how I will be able to complete six miles. Holy smokes.

Lastly, last night we went to Dallas's parents to go through everything left in his bedroom. Talk about a trip down memory lane. We laughed and laughed, looked at pictures, threw away junk, brought home his football jerseys, old tractors, trophies, looked through yearbooks, and had so much fun talking about the "old days."

On the way home we got pulled over: no taillight and a trailer with no license plate nor any lights. I'll let you imagine all the conversation that generated between the girls and I.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about Layla!!

    That's awesome that you're running too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....no tail light and the trailer :) oops. and I agree -- praising God about Layla!! So blessed she is on the mend. talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm so proud of you for running!!!! Keep it up, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete