Monday, June 6, 2011

Banana Pops

I'm always looking for something new, fun, unusual, yet nutritious, for a snack. And, isn't anything frozen especially wonderful in this heat? Check them out...Banana Pops:

1. Peel a banana. Break it in half. Insert popsicle stick. Freeze.

2. Hours later...Melt chocolate chips & vegetable oil (just makes the chocolate chips smoother). I use chocolate almond bark. It melts so nicely and very creamy. Dip the banana in the chocolate.

3. Roll in granola (this is what I used), nuts, cheerios, whatever you wish. Be aware that the chocolate hardens quickly. You have limited time to roll the bananas.

4. Freeze again.

Enjoy! Pull them out of the freezer anytime and have a nice, healthy, delicious snack! Great for kids, and I'm looking forward to one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment