Monday, June 20, 2011

Splendid Weekend

It was another fabulous weekend! Friday evening and Saturday morning, Dallas helped his grandparents with landscaping. The kids and I supervised and cheered everyone on. To be completely honest, sometimes I fee like iiiiiii want my husband. I start to feel sorry that I'm sitting by myself on a Friday evening. But the truth is, I am so proud of my husband and love his servant heart. His work does not go unseen.

Saturday afternoon we ventured to Pine Lake with my parents and the John family. We stepped out of the truck and Maleah asked, with her nose crunched up, "Are there bugs here?" I love her. Then there's Layla, the dirty little piggy. I love her. And Charlie, eating sticks and dirt and chicken bones. I love him. We fished (good try, but not for the Wessels family), biked, enjoyed some good grub, and watched the kids play and play. The bathtub was filthy dirty from the kids. That is a sign of a good time.

Sunday morning we went to church. You know you belong to the most excellent church when your whole family is so excited it's a Sunday morning! Everybody took naps (hallelujah!), then we got ready for our company. Dallas's family came out for supper, snacks, and s'mores. The kids played so wonderfully and everyone cried when it was time to go home. That is a sign of a great night.

Here's some photos of our time at Pine Lake. I love these photos, but so bummed they're the only ones of the weekend. Enjoy:


1 comment:

  1. My observations:
    1. I just love your family too!
    2. Dal has some kickin' shorts on! Love them!
    3. As someone who gags at the thought of eating anything with an animal bone....oh, Charlie!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete