Monday, June 6, 2011

Canaan Dean John

One week ago today, I added another sweet nephew to my list of favorite little boys. He is healthy, cute as can be, and very loved by his two big brothers. He's such an easy baby, and the John family is getting along great! We could not be more happy for them.

Meet Canaan Dean:

It was so neat to be able to celebrate the life of Canaan. After dealing with the incredible heartache and guilt of being pregnant during Alisa's time of frustration and hurt, to see everything come full circle was so welcomed. Charlie and Canaan were due 9 months to the day apart (you don't even have to believe in Jesus to see that that's just awesome!), and were born just one day shy of those 9 months. I can't wait to see them grow up together. There is no doubt they will be best buds.

Layla probably gets the award for being most excited. Every.single.time she saw Alisa throughout pregnancy, or even had a glance at the car seat, she would just laugh and squeal. She was so happy to see baby boy:


And, Maleah has another little cousin to care for. She is such a mother hen:

I remember Alisa visiting us in the hospital after the birth of Charlie, and just thinking "Lord, please! Just please give them a baby. They deserve a baby. They desire a baby so badly. They should be able to have a baby!"

I was so afraid that Charlie was going to be constant reminder of pain and loss. I was so afraid that my sister would resent me. I was afraid that our family was a reminder of what their family was not. These fears were lies.

Now I see our families, I see Charlie and Canaan, I see Alisa as mommy, and I see: goodness, faithfulness, love, perfection. Nothing goes unredeemed. This is truth.

Welcome to the family, Canaan. We love you so incredibly much.

No comments:

Post a Comment