Tuesday, June 7, 2011

VBS Day 2...

was just as exciting as the first!

Maleah requested her hair up in a ponytail with a pink headband. I'm thinking we might be in trouble when the real deal school begins for her.

It didn't take long for little sis to catch on. While getting things ready to go, Layla runs out yelling, "I'm ready for school too!" looking like this:


Then, Maleah demanded another picture to be taken. Again, can you imagine doing this every day for an entire school year? Number two decided she should be included this time:



It's been really nice. Maleah is loving her mornings, and so am I. We come home and lay Charlie down for a nap, and I get some one-on-one time with Layla. It's been wonderful. All that to say, we are very ready to get Maleah when 11 comes around. It feels strange without her. I can't imagine scurrying to get everyone ready and out the door every morning before 8:00. In only two days I have come to learn how much I appreciate and love our slow mornings together.

Thought I would take a picture of Layla and I hanging out, and seriously, this is what I got. She is so funny:


I'm feeling blessed for this fun week, for Maleah getting the opportunity to learn about Jesus with lots of friends, and for the time alone with Layla. Feeling most fortunate that these days are not "normal" for us, and that "normal" means jammies, snuggles, relaxation, and just being together!

No comments:

Post a Comment