Friday, May 30, 2014

8 years.

Dallas and I celebrated eight years of wedded bliss this week!  To say marriage is my very favorite gift on this earth is an understatement.  I love relationships, friendships, intentionality, conversation, and companionship.  Nothing fills my cup like what I share with my husband.

We had a lovely evening!  We dropped the kids off with Papa and Nana (thank you!!) and headed to the rooftop of our favorite restaurant, Montage.  As we were leaving, I mentioned that it was our anniversary and this was "our place," so thank you.  They gave us two truffles/cake balls, two candles, a thing of matches, and told us to go somewhere and celebrate.  What a treat!  We walked along the river, found a cute little bench, talked about our first conversations 14 years ago, our wedding day 8 years ago, and everything in between.  We ate our truffles and mozied back to the minivan (romantic) for a little drive.  We ended the night back at Papa and Nana's enjoying Scratch cupcakes with the family.  Perfection.

I know it sounds so cliche, and a little bit corny, but when I look back at our wedding day I remember feeling so in love.  While the "honeymoon" feeling of love might not be as strong as it was then, it's a different kind of love.  It's stronger, more intense, and even better.  I will choose him every single day, even on the days that are hard (and annoying).  I am so very thankful for our marriage, and still can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Then...

...Now.



No comments:

Post a Comment