Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Fun

Mother's Day was delightful.  We have started the tradition (well, it's only our second year in a row...) of planting flowers on Mother's Day.  It's so much fun to go pick out the flowers together, then come home and dig in.

I love the idea of planting our garden and flowers on Mother's Day.  There's working together as a family, the beauty of the colors, new life, and the production that the garden will bring.  It sounds fitting, right?  I should clarify, however, that I wish I could say the whole process was an absolute joy.  It wasn't.  There was frustration, nerves sky rocketing as garden tools were close to heads, and the list goes on.  It wouldn't be Mother's Day without some of "that."

{What did we do today?}
After church we went to Texas Roadhouse, home for a snooze, shopped for flowers, got T&L's ice cream, then home to do the work.  And let's not forget: I didn't change one diaper.  Score!

The kids love working in the garden!


Ruby girl watches on.

Pattin' those seeds down.

And, she found the dirt.  And, she ate the dirt.

Us girls went in for baths while the guys worked hard.


The little sweet peas who remind me of my name every day!
"Moooooommmmyyy!!"

It was a great day!  

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful idea Marissa! Oh I just love those sweet smiling faces. You have such a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete