Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Some days...

A lot of days are good around here.  Like, really good.

Some days, though.

This morning, all before 9:00....

Charlie wanted popcorn kernels for his grain auger.  No big deal.  But, he accidentally dumps the entire bag.  As I am picking up the rug (covered in kernels) and shaking it outside, I walk back in to find...

Ruby with an entire box of Lucky Charms on the ground.  I literally opened the box this morning, so it was plum full.  She was pretty proud of herself.  As if an open buffet of Lucky Charms wasn't enough...

Layla got a box of brand new crackers out of the cupboard. As I was walking to help her open them, she pushed the bag together to "pop" it open, and every single cracker fell out the bottom onto the floor.

So many things wrong with all this.  We don't let the kids "graze," so why they were helping themselves, I don't know.  Lucky Charms are a treat, and well, now they are gone as fast as they got here.  And Layla immediately said, "Charlie did it."  Why?  I was right there and saw her.  I wasn't mad about the spill, but now we had a whole new issue.

I am thankful I was able to laugh this morning about this.  My perspective was probably better due to my incident this weekend.  We had two rounds of company this weekend, so I made one big bowl of a southwest pasta salad.  I cut up veggies, cilantro, green onions, on and on and on.  I made a double batch, as to feed both groups.  As I went to put the bowl in the fridge, I dropped it!  Even moms have accidents.  I wanted to cry.  Instead we laughed.

I am thankful for the good days.  Some mornings we just need a start over.  That's just what we did.


1 comment: